WordPress for Beginners Classes
For people looking for a comprehensive, all-round introduction to WordPress.org I run a 10 week evening class. Ideal if you want a simple brochure site for your company or organisation or freelance business, or a personal blog.
‘WordPress for Beginners’ takes place at Hills Road Sixth Form College (search amongst courses for ‘WordPress’ to see if there are any coming up soon). A private site containing tutorials for this course is available for all students to log into even after they have finished with the training course.
Past students have used the course to create sites for:
- their children to communicate with family around the world
- clubs – such as running clubs, writing and book clubs
- small companies including a laboratory and a home rental business
- freelance businesses such as coaching and tutoring
- arts and crafts portfolio sites
- hobbies such as birdwatching
The classes I teach with Hills Road are currently taught via Zoom. It’s actually better in some ways than a face-to-face class as it’s easy to screen share with the whole group and have individuals demonstrate the problems they are having.
(If no courses are listed at the moment please contact me to find out when the next one is scheduled to run.)